Thursday, May 26, 2005

be excellent to each other

Alright, I have recently (and by recently I mean within the last year) acquired a camera phone. I didn't ask for it. Thankfully I didn't pay for it - apparently the nice (and by nice I mean...well, you can guess what I mean) people at Rogers think of me as a 'valued customer' and decided to give it to me, gratis. I'm not complaining. It's cute, and stuff. But only recently have I discovered the potential of having a pocket-sized camera (albeit a camera of shitty quality) kicking around just about every time I'm out in public. There is crazy shit out there! And I'm the one to capture it all on film. Well, not all the time. Sometimes people give you really weird looks when you pull your phone out, turn it sideways and hold it a couple of feet away from your face. Not that I, erm, know from experience or anything. Ahem.

I apologize for being away for so long - but there were just so many exciting things going on in town. Sandra Bullock endorsing my favourite band? This was just too good to be true. And not only that - important neighbourhood events, not-to-be-missed community theatre performances and...shopping? If this crazy schedule keeps up, I'm going to have to move to a part of town wear nobody noes me or something...

(I know it's contrived. Just look at the g.d. pictures.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, I shell out about a b'zillion dollars to Rogers for digital cable and high speed internet and I *know* they don't view me as a valued customer!

Berin, are you playing hard to get and toying with your local cable/internet/wireless monopoly? How do you sleep at night??

7:36 PM  
Blogger ers said...

Know what's funny? The day I got my first cell phone is the first day I saw you! I wasn't allowed to talk to you because it was Roro's fringe show, and you guys hadn't really met yet, or had barely met and weren't ready to meet friends (am I *that* scary?) so I was only allowed to look at you in the audience. Holy random memory.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Apparently there were a number of people there who weren't allowed to talk to me. MaJa was also in the audience, apparently RIGHT BEHIND ME. And to think I had only my friend Deuce to support me. :-)

Luckily it seems to have all worked out ...

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home