Saturday, August 06, 2005

July Redux...1

Yes, as a few of you have oh-so-rightly pointed out - it has been a while. Though if you know me well enough to be reading this thing, you probably know something else about me - I'm lazy. And easily distracted. What can you do?

Here's an as-brief-as-I-can-make-it breakdown of the busiest month of my summer.

1. The wedding of S&S. Typically there's not much involved for a wedding, work-wise, unless you're one of the dudes getting married, or are related, or a member of the wedding party. Or, in my case, have a big freaking mouth. That's right. In a flurry of excitement (hormones?) over an office lunch room wedding detail discussion (specifically - how expensive wedding cakes are - who knew?), I spontaneously volunteered my co-worker JuGo's and my services in the area of wedding cake making. Oh God. My only explanation is that I may still have been high off a recent baking success, for my friend LaTr's birthday. ANYWAY, here I was, committed to baking a cake. We held a trial run (and an icing fight), which was wildly successful. Actual cake-making commenced a few days before the wedding, and much to our proud surprise, turned out not bad at all. The wedding was ok, too.

2. A first date! Yes, even though it was the busiest month of my summer, and even though I was technically 'off the stuff', I managed to somehow MEET someone. Who is totally great. I figure anyone who can gracefully handle a first date that is a blatant attempt to multi-task my social obligations (I took him to a screening of Kaeja Dance at Camera - my friend ElCo works for the company and I'd promised to support her event) is worth keeping around for a while. More on him later, I'm trying to work chronologically here.

3. A trip to Thunder Bay! ...and crap, I'm outta time. I know it's cruel to leave you on the edge of your seats like this (humour me), but I seriously have to leave. More on the busiest month EVER soon. Promise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know, orillia was indeed othrilling. man alive, that farmer's market was practically giving away musquoka chairs!

8:36 AM  
Blogger ers said...

Awesome. Something to note for next time - 'Crazy Dan's Flea Market' is NOT to be missed. The place is hoppin' around 6am on a Sunday.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home