Saturday, November 11, 2006

loving the nature...literally

I was on College Street for a while today, and I happened upon the strangest thing.

I was waiting for the westbound streetcar at College and Euclid, and I saw this young fellow approach on foot from the west. He looked entirely average - jeans, sweater, scarf, backpack, all of them and himself squeaky clean. And then I noticed what he was doing.

This dude was walking up to the trees planted along the sidewalk, and kissing them. Walking up to each one slowly, caressing its branches, staring up into its leaves, then putting both his hands on the trunk and kissing it. He did this to every tree eastbound as far as I could see - sadly, I wasn't close enough to notice if there was any tongue.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the luckiest person I know. I only dream of seeing this kind of thing. Good thing I live in Toronto, I guess!

5:46 AM  
Blogger ers said...

I know, awesome eh? It was so random. And two minutes later I saw a guy approach from the opposite direction, picking up little and putting it in a big trash bag. He had a sign on his back that said he was accepting donations for his clean-up work. Interesting place we live, isn't it?

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home