Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NaBloPoMo - some things better left unsaid

Alright dudes, I'm doing it. This, is my first post of (hopefully) 30 consecutive posts in the month of November. whoa. It's Katr and Keltie's fault for encouraging me, really, I can't think of another explanation because it's possible I haven't even written 30 posts in the (not-so-lengthy) history of my blog.

But I do have one stipulation on my participation - I absolutely REFUSE to say the word 'NaBloPoMo' out loud.(IS it a word, seriously?) I've tried to say it a couple of times here in the privacy of my apartment (hi, neighbours! I'm not crazy!), and there's no way it can be done. Every time I try, it reminds me of the time I was going to see "'Da Kink In My Hair" - I sounded like a complete dork every time I tried to say that, too.

No matter how I try, I can't change the facts - I use lame slang (cf. 'dudes'), my french accent is atrocious, and I think "prego" is the name of a spaghetti sauce. Verbal fireworks will never be my forte.

Good thing I can type.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you're doing this too. I say NaBloPoMo out loud, because I'm shameless and geeky.

10:56 AM  
Blogger ers said...

Shameless, maybe. Geeky? Never!! :)

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home