Thursday, November 09, 2006

my first drunken post!

Dudes, talk about just getting in under the wire! We had an event at work tonight, and I may have imbibed a tetch too little. I'm still at work, actually - if I don't throw something up on my blog in the next five minutes, I've totally missed the nablopomo deadline...and although I'm not really sure if this is legal in terms of the "spirit" of the competition, I saw this story earlier today and it made me laugh:

A Japanese bra company, in a bid to discourage Japanese from using plastic bags, unveiled a bra whose cup padding unfolds to become a handheld shopping bag.

I laughed, because, comparing the young lady in the photo and her bra-to-bag size ratio to myself, I would end up carrying around a fashionable hefty sack. Guess this is one innovation that's not for me!

Luckily, that's not the only "clever" idea this company has had. From the same article:

Lingerie maker Triumph has regularly designed bras aimed at drawing attention to
social issues and to raise its own profile. Last year it unveiled a bra that can be heated in a microwave so as to help save on indoor heating costs.


Can't wait to see what next year brings....I've always thought a bra that could teach me Spanish would come in handy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home