Thursday, September 08, 2005

lessons learned from British Folksongs

For my Barkworth Green friends:

I was disappointed that there was nothing mentioned about being deported to Australia for stealing a loaf of bread, however, here are some of my favourites:

"Avoid any situation where the obvious rhyme-word is maidenhead"

"If you look at the calendar and discover it's May, stay home."

"Don't ignore warnings. If someone tells you to beware Long Lankin, friggin' beware of him."

"If you are an unmarried lady and have sex, you will get pregnant. No good will come of it."

Lessons Learned from British Folksongs

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. I LOVE the song where the girl steals a loaf od bread and gets deported to Australia. I didn't think anyone else knew that song! I have it on a Judy Small album ... a crazy lesbian australian folk singer.

Love it.

It is going on my Trials and Tribulations of Immigrants mix. The Barra MacNeils have a few that will be on there as well.

Hey, erin, while I'm here .. could you update the link to my site from mynameiskate.typepad.com to www.mynameiskate.ca? I got my domain working again.

Thanks!!! Melissa hopes you're enjoying your art!!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home