Tuesday, November 21, 2006

me, i want a hula hoop

How did I forget about the Chipmunk's song, people? HOW?!

Finding lots of real musical gems, as co-workers bring in their fave holiday cd's to add to the partay playlist. I should have thought of this scheme YEARS ago. I am going to have *the* comprehensive holiday music collection, and all for very little effort, really. Awesome.

Some other must-hears, if you haven't already:

Lou Rawls - Christmas Is
Bob Marley & Wailers - Sound The Trumpet
Harry Connick Jr. - Christmas Waltz & This Christmas
Take 6 - Go Tell It On the Mountain
Martin Sexton - I'll Be Home For Christmas
Sarah McLachlan - What Child Is This
Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas is You
BNL/Sarah McLachlan - GRYMG/We 3 Kings (this one's for you Kate!)
The Weepies - All That I Want

Wouldn't it be great if I could make a living selling mix tapes? sigh. This office party assignment is definitely dangerous - I'm going to be sick of these songs WAY before the 25th actually rolls around.

5 Comments:

Blogger mynameiskate said...

Rockin!

Actually, all of these sound great. We might have to do a music swap!

k

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so there is this american band named low, who put out the most depressing christmas album ever.

but one track is called "it was just like christmas" or something like that...and it's beautiful. maybe too subtle and beautiful for a christmas album.....but you should check it out nonetheless.

7:06 PM  
Blogger ers said...

Kate - I love it! Let's do it!

Danielle - thanks for the heads-up re: Low. I have their track "just stand back" from the great destroyer album, but didn't realize they did xmas, too. Will definitely check it out!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I just remembered a warning. For god's sake, don't include that song about the kid who tries to buy shoes for his dying mom. It starts out as just a sappy country tune but it progresses to something stomach turning that will still wrench tears from the hardest of hearts. And not in a good way. It's like crack for Christmas addicts.

9:17 AM  
Blogger ers said...

Lex, I so totally downloaded it. What sounds more innocent than "christmas shoes"?

It's deleted now. Hopefully I will never hear it again.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home