Saturday, November 25, 2006

R.I.P nablopomo

Boo me. After coming so close!

You see, I did this thing last Wednesday, where I put my credit card in a place other than my easily-accessible wallet (in the name of the holiday shopping budget). Immediately after doing so I gave myself a congratulatory pat on the back - good work you, way to stick to your budget. Then Thursday night came along. Specifically Thursday around 6pm, where I had to check into a hotel. With no credit card in my bag. fuuuuuuuuuuuck. Luckily, the woman I was checking in next to (my prospective employer, the reason I was at the hotel in the first place) heard my sad story and offered up her card. And wouldn't take no for an answer. It was nice of her, but fuck. Talk about embarassing.

Anyway, there I am at this lovely, posh hotel (rhymes with "Bing Beddie", Torontonians), sans credit card. The event rooms I worked in for the next two days didn't have internet access (long story, complicated, boring). My room had internet access...if you had a credit card. The business centre at the hotel had computers and internet access...if you had a credit card (why not just the room card? Because they suck.). I seriously would have just bent over and paid them the $12.95 PER USE fee if I'd had it, and I'm very sad that I wasn't able to finish the month.

Will keep my fingers crossed for the rest of you keeners. For now, I have less than 12 hours not only to figure out what I'm wearing to a wedding tomorrow afternoon in Cambridge - but to learn the five songs I'm supposed to be singing there. doh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Keltie said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that other than pissed off and annoyed you were otherwise safe and sound. I was a little worried about you and wondering whether I should send out the dogs.

Good luck on the job prospect and the wedding singing. And I'm not so much a keener as an unemployed bum with too much time on my hands. Well, OK; maybe I'm a little bit of a keener. Anyhow, we'll see if it pays off. :)

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's really irritating.

I myself haven't blogged since Thursday -- actually I'm a bit surprised about that, I feel like I blogged on Friday. This post-every-day thing was much harder that I thought.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your posts, and that's what really counts, right?

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ers, it was a valiant effort!! And an enjoyable one for your readers. How'd the event go?? Clearly, you must be e-mailed shortly by me.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home